Keywords are words or phrases that are central to the meaning or theme of a text. Identifying keywords in a text can help you understand the main points and key ideas of the text, and can also be useful for finding information when doing research or studying. Here are some tips for identifying keywords in a text:
- Look for key concepts: Keywords are often related to key concepts or themes in the text. Try to identify the main ideas or topics being discussed in the text, and look for words or phrases that are repeated or emphasized.
- Pay attention to headings and subheadings: Headings and subheadings often contain keywords that summarize the main points of a section of the text.
- Use a thesaurus or glossary: If you come across a word or phrase you are unfamiliar with, look it up in a thesaurus or glossary to get a better understanding of its meaning and how it fits into the text.
- Highlight or underline: As you read the text, highlight or underline words or phrases that seem important or relevant to the main ideas of the text.
- Create a list: After you have identified the keywords, create a list of them. This can help you review the main points of the text and remember the key ideas.